Science Communication Programme (WissKomm)
In 2018 the FWF is celebrating its 50th anniversary. To mark this occasion, the Austrian Science Fund is organising a science festival from 8 to 12 September 2018 at Maria Theresa Square in Vienna (http://www.fwf.ac.at/en/beopen). This year, the FWF’s science communication activities will be bundled for the “BE OPEN – Science Society Festival”.
For this reason the FWF has decided to suspend the call for proposals for the Science Communication Programme in 2018. This phase will also be used to continue to develop the programme in terms of modularisation in order to optimally meet the requirements of the scientific community in the future.
Researchers and scientists from all disciplines who work in Austria and who are currently receiving grants under FWF-sponsored projects or whose FWF grant period ended no more than three years prior to application
Grants are awarded for outstanding science communication measures related to the research project funded by the FWF
- High quality with regard to originality, attractiveness and appropriateness of planned communication activity/activities for the relevant target group(s),
- opportunities for target group(s) to participate,
- intelligibility and persuasive power,
- promotion of understanding for research,
- appropriateness of costs,
- extent of own contributions,
- duration of activities,
- structure and completeness of application,
- description of intended effects of planned activity/activities.
Up to 50,000 € per application
By the FWF Board on the basis of reviews by an expert jury